I got tagged! I've never been tagged before, so I guess this is cool and an honor. :D Thank you, Lacquer Laine, for thinking of lil' ol' me. I'm supposed to share 10 facts about myself and then tag 10 other blogs. Oh man!
1. I'm a Christian and was raised in a conservative, loving home. My beliefs in God form a core piece of who I am and affect many facets of my life. While I don't follow religion as strictly as I did in my parents' home, I have grown into my adult spirituality rather comfortably and still follow many practices that I am accustomed to. I hope that others who come in contact with me have a greater sense of God and His love because of knowing me.
2. I am a crazy animal person and love animals erm probably more than people (in general)! Oh that probably sounds terrible. I just adore animals, especially my two baby dogs. I'd love to have two Siberian Cats (my hubby is allergic to cats and this breed is hypo-allergenic). I could also go for a few more dogs, little ones, I should think. And I want a cockatoo! Animals show us the most unconditional love and innocence. They keep my heart big and full.
3. I'm very sentimental. I get really nostalgic about all kinds of things. I can live in a place that I think I hate, for years, and then after I am gone I will dearly miss many things about the place! I can't seem to help myself.
4. I love to eat. Mm mm mm food! There are too many things I like to eat, so I will share with you some that I do not care for. Raw fish or meat of any kind, shellfish, pork, beef (except in certain circumstances), octopus/squid, basically any creepy non-mainstream animal, eggplant, okra, radishes, beets, walnuts, kimchi, green olives, greek olives, spicy food that's hotter than "medium," butter pecan ice cream, and I can't even think of other things so you know I like a lot of types of food!!
5. I've never met anyone famous. I'm sure that if I did I would start shrieking incoherently, and/or drooling, and/or become stunned and utterly silent. Normal stuff, really. My parents saw Oprah on the street one time and apparently couldn't conjure up anything at all to say. Figures, right?
6. I took some really crazy aptitude tests in Academy that said I should become a pickler or an eyelet machine operator, among some other random things. I showed them wrong!! I've worked in healthcare, mental health, and am currently a makeup artist extraordinaire. Can you really imagine these talents wasted on pickles or eyelets?!
7. I have several vices, but I can never see myself going for cigarettes or alcohol. It's probably partly my upbringing, but I suppose I'm just lucky for not liking those things (and I mean no offense to those of you that do!). I have alcohol maybe a few times a year and often find myself regretting it, either for the disgusting taste or a wretched migraine.
8. I really want to travel lots. I want to see so many places and experience different cultures and environments. Some places I really want to visit: England, Scotland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, South Africa, France, Italy, Greece, Australia, China, Japan, Vancouver, more of Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, New Zealand, Germany, Switzerland, oh the list goes on and on. For all the traveling I hope to do, I really am quite a home-body!
9. Speaking of traveling, I rather dislike flying. It makes me unreasonably anxious and uncomfortable. I've done it plenty and I just don't care for the experience, over all. I might be slightly more into it if we were talking about first-class or a swanky private jet...but that's not likely to happen any time soon! I also discovered that I need to be able to see out of the plane while flying or I have a massive panic attack (oh, such a not cool memory). Let's hear it for my primal brain!
10. I have blonde hair. It's not super light but it's definitely blonde and it's mine and people seem to like it. It's pretty long and wavy. I don't really care if people color their hair blonde or what. It's kind of cool to think of myself as special, though, I guess.
Here are the blogs I am tagging: The Kronicles of a Konad-er, polish-lounge, Polish or Perish, Polish Mayhem, Sasse's 'nad Stamping Stampede, Enamel Coated, Nail of the week, Sterling Nails!, Neglelakkmani, and Nail Juice.
Thanks for reading and please continue to enjoy the polish!!